Times were simpler in the past,
When people smiled because they could
When people were honest
When love would last.
Times were simpler when the days were long
When the nights moved too fast
When our glasses were never empty
When our cigarettes were almost gone.
Times were simpler when we had no care
When we jumped on our beds
When truth was not an option
When we always chose the dare.
Times were simpler when secrets were kept
When weekends we slept
When we were always in the dark
When we could carelessly play in the park.
Times are not so simple as we age
The more I am here, the more I am caged.
But times are still simple for me
I just want to help those who can't see.
That this is the way life is meant to be:
innocent and carefree.
<3
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment